Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Managing and Marketing

Managing a blog can be a challenge. I have a family blog that I struggle to keep up on. I also struggle to keep up on all my friends and family members that have blogs. And then I added another blog and classmates blogs to follow… I think it can get overwhelming. The RSS feed is still a little confusing to me. I typically manage the blogs I follow through my dashboard. I have literally spent hours upon hours bouncing from one blog to another. I think it is important to set a time limit and to prioritize what blogs you will read and how often you plan to post. I think that managing your time for a classroom blog could be very difficult. I love the idea of having a classroom blog but using one efficiently could be a challenge. Deciding what your purpose is, setting realistic goals and managing your time are the ways I intend to manage my blog.

Marketing a blog is a very interesting notion. I follow some fun blogs that have sponsors and are constantly doing giveaways. Who doesn’t love free stuff?! Cooking blogs, craft blogs, photography blogs – these are all fun things (to me anyway!). I don’t think that a classroom blog could be marketed this way. But I personally don’t feel that I would want to gain a following (outside of my students…). I think that blogs for education should be used on a much more personal level. I would just use one for a particular class. And in that case I don’t really feel that marketing is really required…

No comments:

Post a Comment